Double amputee Aimee Mullins, 2014. Aimee Mullins is a former model, actress and Paralympic athlete. She became famous for her athletic achievements.
Step 1 : Click on the link to check your understanding. (Don’t hesitate to tell me your results.)
Step 2 : Answer the questions in the comments. (In a short paragraph)
- Why is Aimee Mullins so impressive?
- She dares anyone to use the word “disabled”. Why? Do you agree with her?
- What’s her definition of disability ? Do you agree?
- Why did doctors had to amputate both her legs?
- How does she consider adversity?
- According to her, what’s the secret?
- What’s her final message?
- determined = strong-willed (adj.)
- impressive / amazing (adj.)
- successful /səkˈsɛsfʊl/ (adj.)
- achievement /əˈtʃiːvmənt/ (n.)
- competitive spirit (n.)
- open door (n.)
- true inspiration /ˌɪnspɪˈrɛɪʃən/ (n.)
- achieve /əˈtʃiːv/ (v.)
- make a name = become well-known (v.)
- overcome obstacles (v.)